Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP COnflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkent

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
I have been named as the guy who has to try and fix something which no one else seems to know how to do, but the problem is I don't either.

We have SilverStream 3.? on Solaris running a version from last year, connected to an oracle 8i box, also on Solaris. I have to change the IP address on the SilverStream box because it currently conflicts with the on-line web server.

Where do I have to change the IP address so that the Oracle box doesn't lose connectivity to the SS box and where in the SS box do I have to change the IP.? I am no unix admin, nor am I any admin of anything, just the poor smuck stuck with this seamingly easy yet scarry task.

Please help me with whatever advice you can, Thanks...

Hm, what is the problem ? Do you want to change the IP online without disrupting the service ?

If not, just stop the silverstream server, change the ip adress, restart the machine and the silverstream server.

If the DNS name also changes you might have problem with your digital certificates for SSL.

in the httpd.props file there is also an setting the tells the server to use a specific IP or DNS name for startup. You will find an explanation in the "Core help"/Server startup commands.

oracle should not have problems with the change if you are not using some kind of access control based on IP adresses.

-Henning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back