Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Change on CP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigiBgd

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2003
US
I need to change the IP on my Nortel Norstar ICS 4.0 CP
I plugged the crossover cable into the CP -I can ping the ip from my laptop but when use the IE to access the CP and change the IP i get 'the page can not be displayed'- Is there any other way to change the IP ? or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

when you chgd the ip did you reboot the CP...and yes you can chg it though the serial port.

I haven't change it yet - that is what I am trying to do
I am trying to use the web interface to change it but I am not getting anything but 'the page can not be displayed'

thanks for the suggestion, if there is any other way via ethernet cable id like to know or anyting that I might be missing...

Yeah if it doesnt work ill get serial cable and try that...

is there another way to change it using a phone unit itself?

You cannot chg the ip for cp via telset...
I'm assuming that your trying the default ip 192.168.110.10 and you have chgd your laptop ip to something like 192.168.110.11...

No its old one, I have changed internal IP scheme and I am trying to change the IP of the CP

As Norstarboy stated you have to use the serial port and reboot the system for the change to take affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back