Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP cameras and vb6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedsmith

Programmer
Nov 23, 2000
AU
Yes I'm still alive, my 78th birthday is next week!
Has anybody and suggestions as to how to capture frames from an IP camera connected to the computer?
I would want these to be in a format that can be sent say one per second on a local network to other workstations for display on standard image boxes like my previous applications using USB web cameras that I have listed on this forum. They could be bitmaps of jpgs.

There are a number of progs about that use special ocx's to show IP video in a special video box but I was hoping to use ordinary vb6 controls and some APIs if this is possible.

It appears that most IP cameras send a mp4 stream.

When I showed them Roman's solution early last week they put a couple of their guys on it. This would let them do the thing in C# as they had originally attempted but which failed miserably due to GC freezes.

Turns out they'll go that way even though closed course since they can do it in house in C# now. Went to my P.O. Box and I still got paid, plus a bonus.

Er... "closed source" not "closed course."

Just excited to get that check in the mail so soon I guess.

Funny, it's a long time since I saw a "check", forgotten what they look like! (Maybe they went the same way as vb6?)

Looks as if they may be asking me to revive my efforts again.

Got an email saying that they cannot get either the DirectX filter or the AXIS control to work at all with some cameras, though both work fine with several others. We know where the trouble is, but without the source to Roman's filter we can't fix it there.

The tone was grim and bitter, so I hope they keep a sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back