Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agents? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronster

Technical User
Apr 18, 2001
GB
Can someone please explain what an IP Agent is?

I have successfully set up IP softphones and hardphones but when I try and login an agent to these it usually doesn't stay logged on.

In our Capacity table we have RTU for IP Agents but it was never explained how to set up an IP Agent. There is no option in the Agent screen to make them an IP Agent.

Help...

Ronster s-)

Do you have auto-answer active on the agent? The 64XX and 46XXIP set types require a headset button which must remain on at all times. If the button isn't programmed on the phone or it isn't on, the agent will have no way to "auto-answer" and therefore the system will log them out. -CL

Thanks CL,

That does make a difference on the 4612 hardphone. I haven't fully tested it yet but the agent certainly stays logged in.

The softphone still seems to drop the agent even when the headset button is on and a abrv-dial button is used for the login etc.

However, it still doesn't explain what an IP Agent is as refered to in page 9 of Disp Capacity on Rel 9.5 of the Definity.

Even when

We had the same issue. You need to make sure that you are on the latest qpcn. Are you running a novel network? Are the PC's 2000? This all made a difference. Email me if you want to discuss it further.

toni

Thanks Toni,

QPCN?
We are not using Novel and most of our PC's at this site are Windows 95. However I don't have the spec for the site where we will be putting our IP Agents.
Basically the PC's there will be made to be the spec required for the software (which I'm still trying to get my hands on!).

Cheers,

Ronnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back