Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP AGENT WITH SEVERE STATIC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giterdone

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2005
US
Thanks for reading my post, any advice is greatly appreciated.
I have an at home agent that's having trouble with severe static on the line. One out out of every six callers is hearing severe static on the line and they're hanging up. The static also occurs on the agents outbound calls to extensions and external numbers. I did a test station and it passed all three tests. I also reset the station and called the agent, I then called the agent back, and she called me back and neither time did I get static. She's already swapped her headset and she does not have any loose connections to the phone. She is connected via VPN, but that does not appear to be an issue since she did not have any applications.
My concern is that this problem may reoccur and I'm looking for advice on what to try next. Thanks.

You are using roadwarrior right?

What SW version on the switch? What version of IP agent?

What FW version are you using on your Clan's and Medpro's?

Dude I've had this problem berore and it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Since you allready changed headsets (most common problem)change all wiring (from wall jack to headset)and if you can, status the station while in a static call and get the trunk being utilized. Test this trunk from the main office (I have found static on specific trunks).
Good luck!

There are over 50 remote IP agents, so I didn't think this was an issue with a trunk, otherwise I might have seen more agents with this problem. However, I'll try making some test calls to the agent to pin down whether or not this is a trunk problem.
Also the agents are set up as telecommuters, the IP agent software is release 4.0.5.32, the PBX software version is R012x.01.1.414.1 on a G3xV12.

If the static occurs when the agent calls someone internal to the PBX. Then the problem has to be with the agents home phone. Is this agent using a wireless phone at home? That could be the issue. Have the agent start using another phone at their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back