Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agent V4 with NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HmmG3

Technical User
Feb 4, 2003
US
Does anybody know if IP Agent V4 will work with NAT shuffling? We would like to confirm this before spending the money to upgrade from V3. The Definity is a G3R running V10. Thanks.

NAT does not work with either version 3 or 4 unless you can create a VPN tunnel through it so that the application does not know about it. I have had major problems with trying to use NAT since the documentation for Version 3 said it was supported. Only by getting out the sniffer were we able to prove that it does not work and then Denver agreed with us that the docs were in error and that NAT does not function.

I have never heard of NAT shuffling, but we have IP Agent V4 installed on remote sales people's computers. They use VPN software to tunnel into the facility and log onto the switch. They are assigned as static IP address as part of the vpn tunnel.

Display capacity shows the software load as R011i.02.0.110.4.

No IP Agent does not support NAT Addressing. We did the same thing by sniffing from the PC and from the PBX and the packets are sent to the PBX but will not return.

TH - Administrator for AvayaMultiVantage/AUDIX/Octel/CMS SuperVisor/TeleTraq/CDR/CallMasters/Val/IP Agent

"If the phone rings, could you please answer it ?"

Well at the risk of contradicting the lot of you, it seems to NAT nicely for us. We have an IP address on one domain, say 137... and the PBX is on another domain say 15... The IP Agent is launched from a PC on the 137 Domain and connects just fine to the 15 Domain. Also the PC is the West and the PBX is in the East. I will use sniffer to find out for sure and let you know.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

P:-D

Ok sports fans here is what you should be looking for. I have a Cisco Router that allows NAT Addressing. The version of software that has just only been released allows for UDP Translation of H.2.55 which is what IP Agent needs to be able to NAT from one IP to another. If you have an older IOS on the router the IP Agent will not NAT. Hope this helps.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

P:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back