Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agent - TCP ports used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhoward

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2002
US
Good morning,

We are looking at using IP Agent for a remote call center. One of my concerns is that our network is tightly locked down (as it should be). Can any of you tell me which network ports IP Agent uses so that I can talk to our firewall team before we push this any farther? Thanks for your help.

-Mike

Just for your info, we put IP agent in for a national call center spread over 3 cities. We have identified a bug which causes a conflict between work/reason code entry & VuStats. Denver is working on it. If you are not going to use VUStats & Work/Reason codes at the same time it is not an issue. I can't answer the port question for you. If you can't get an answer from the above link, I might be able to see what ports it uses by looking at a PC it is installed on, can't quite remember where to look for that, but I have WIN 2000 book at home that I know has that info in it. Let me know & I'll give it a go.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

One other tip about IP agent. There is a delay, between a call arriving on the iP Agent screen & its processing in the vector. This means that callers will often hear the first word or 2 of an announcement, even when there is an available agent. A very irritating occurence.

For example in simple terms

1: Queue to skill 1 pri l
2: announcement 4501

Change it to

1: Queue to skill 1 pri l
2: wait time 1 second hearing ringback (or silence)
3: announcement 4501

This allows time for the call to get presented to an idle agent before the annoucement starts. You may need 2 seconds depending on the latency in your network. It may fudge you CMS stats, but its better than the alternative.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Thanks Paul, both good to know. I can always back out the 1 Sec. of silence if I need to in CMS. This project is going to be loaded with all sorts of latency issues as it is "offshore", riding several different links (CTI, etc.) so I'm just going to have to deal with that as it is. I'm looking at the top link now, and will let you know. Thanks for your help.

Thanks again Paul. What I actually did was crack the registry for IP Agent, and manually assigned the UDP ports there.

By the way, what sort of phones are being used with the IP Agent? In the one we just implemented, there are three sites in different cities. They all have Nortel M1 switches. There are some issues around it. E-mail me if your set up is similar. If its just single line sets, there is usually no problem.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Another issue with using IP Agent :

If agents are NOT auto answer then incoming calls to the phone will only ring for 30 seconds !! After that time the phone stops ringing, but in the application the call is still visible and can be answered. An agent has to be carefull with this because notification only takes place by a winking screen. Avaya has no answer for this problem until now.

Lex Metzke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back