Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agent on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjedi

Vendor
Dec 5, 2003
NG
Are there any call centres using IP Agents on PC and have absolutely no problems with quality. We have a problem with a new client and are looking for possible fixes to win the business.

Hi mrjedi,

We use IP agent, but with hardphones(no quality problems). But have u checked that the swiches the PC's are patched on are using the QOS recommanded for the use of IP-calling?
If the QOS is not configured right, the packets won't get priority ;-)

Ciao Ecky

IP Agents on PC and have absolutely no problems with quality"

That is quite a statement I cannot say that about TDM phones.

Having said that, if you are trying to set this up on a crappy data network, then you need to walkaway. That's why AVAYA always wants to replace everything, that way they know where they are starting from.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

I use IP for many agents that work from their homes. For IP agents I use telecommuter mode becuase I know there are no QOS problems in the PSTN. I have other non ACD agents that use IP softphone in roadwarrior. Works great most of the time. But then, I have no control as far as QOS over the internet.

Is this client looking to use IP agent on their lan. If so, why not just use digital sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back