Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agent licencing 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike212

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
US
Currently I have a system with rel 11i. I want to add IP agents, and have a licensing question. Currently my sys-param cust options show 5 ip users. I think this is Avaya default. Does this mean I don't need any licensing for the first five users?

To add IP agents (rel 6) i think it is around $300-$350 for licensing, per port for acd agents. Does this include both the software and the license?

Also, it seems avaya offers softphone downloads for free. I assume I can use this free softphone and program as an acd agent. If so, why would I want to buy IP agent? If anyone can clear me up on this, or direct me to a site that is clearer than avaya's site, I would be forever indebted. Thanks!

Mike

You cannot use softphone to log into an acd. The softphone for ipagent and softphone are both downloadable but neither work without the license. The cd software is around $20 and not necessary.

Yes, the 1st 5 will work without buying anything additional.

In R11, you also need an IP-Station license to go along with each IP-Agent or IP-Softphone license. This is no longer the case in R12 and greater.

-CL

Roughly, much does each IP station license cost at list?

When you say the downloaded software won’t work without the license, do mean the IP station license, or the purchased license for the IP softphone.

In R11 do you also need the IP station license for each IP hard phone as well. Thanks so much!

lopes1211 are your sure that "this is no longer the case in R12 and greater."

I have some CM2.X G3's and had to purchase both the softphone license and the IP station license inorder to user my softphones.

In CM2, there are no longer seperate TDM-Station and IP-Station port counts. During the upgrade, avaya should have looked at your TDM station port count and applied that same number to the IP station count. If that wasn't the case, I would go back to Avaya or the BP that did the upgrade. Before our upgrade to 2.1, we have 5000 TDM and 25 IP. Now both fields show 5025.

-CL

Hey, please don't forget me fellers.. (LOL) Roughly, how much does each IP station license cost at list?

When you say the downloaded software won’t work without the license, does that mean the IP station license, or the purchased license for the IP softphone.

In R11 do I also need the IP station license for each IP hard phone as well. Thanks so much!

I just bought them both IP station and IP softphone. I'll get you the prices tomorrow. I think they were like $80 each but I will confirm tomorrow....

CM 2.2 & 3.0 have 'Universal Licenses'. A station RTU can be used for either a TDM or IP endpoint. Since your switch is a V11 you will have to purchase both an IP Agent V6 license ($450.00) and an IP Station RTU ($145.00). In addition to that Avaya charges a $165.00 activation fee per order. Your 5 existing IP Station licenses can be used for any IP-based application, such as, IP Agent, IP SoftPhone, or IP HardPhone. You can monitor how many licenses are in use by doing 'display capacity'

Kevin

I have successfully logged into a ACD split with a softphone. However there were some minor issues. While I could Login via speed dial I had to use the access code for Auto In. Once I did this all was OK.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Just checked my notes. I paid $95 for each IP station.
I paid $87.75 for IP softphone 5.0. I used a BP to order my licenses and have never paid a activagtion free per order.

1a22ip,

You can use softphone for and ACD split but you loose many of your call center features. You would need to use FAC to get around it. Another problem is that you can't log into more than 1 split with softphone. If you use IP agent, all problems are solved.

Correct. I use Soft-phone and ACD for DR. If for any reason I cannot get into the building (Snowstorm ETC) I can log-in to the DR split and the Sorry due to external problems we are closed today messages play until the tod or I log out of the split.

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hi Mike,

Just one point you need to factor in. Although you have currently got 5 IP Agent licenses you will lose these if you get Avaya to upgrade them. They're a freebie to let you "try before you buy". So if you need 100 agents in total you will need to order 100 not 95.

Si

I didn't loose any licenses when I upgraded. I used a BP and still have my 5 free ones at every sight. The 5 free ones are the best because there is no release tied to them. So you can connect any version of softphone to your definity. Unlike when you purchase them, you get R5 licenses which are only good for softphone R5.

phoneguy55,

I'm at CM2.2 using the 5 free licenses. Are you saying if we purchase 10 licenses for softphone:
a) they are release specific.
b) we would have a total of 15 licenses?

Thanks,

Jim

yes the new ones you buy will be relese 5 only. The 5 free ones are release free. if you buy R5 now you can use R5 only with those 10 licenses. If they put out release 6. Then you would need to buy an upgrade licenses from R5 to R6 for those 10.

Yes you would have 15 if you buy 10. 5 - R free and 10 - R10. Unless you have want Simon stated above, which I have not seen on my G3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back