Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP addressing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

csteve

Technical User
Feb 1, 2002
US
I have an application, OWA, running on a SBS 4.0, I run NAT with a Cisco router managed by the T1 provider. I have the internal application assigned to 10.0.0.x and the router mapped public to this private IP. Cannot see the application from the web- the private and public IP addresses both ping - but cannot telnet to the private #. I have added the private IP to the WAN NIC card addresses- what did I miss?

Check your port settings and make sure you are allowing the correct port requests to pass through. Nate Gagne
nathan.gagne@verizon.net
AKA Nick Burns - Your Company's Computer Guy
"Would you like me to save your game of Minesweeper first?"

Like my post? Let me know it was helpful!

no- ports are set to accept any- and even more annoying - if I sit at the server - I can access the application fine but if I go to another workstation (on the same subnet at the server) and open Internet Explorer - its says "can't find server"- ahhh! I feel like pulling my hair out. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back