Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP address range

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillipIT

Instructor
Jan 9, 2005
US
In configuring DHCP scope, one of the screen ask for IP address range where I have to enter the "Start IP address" and the "End IP address". Where do I find these info or how to determine the IPs?

Thanks for your advice!

CLASS A
CALSS B
CALSS C
which calss ip you are using.

Give us details of your network infratructure...
1. Number of client workstations ( and their O.S.)
2. Number and functions of servers
3. Servers' fixed IP addresses.
4. How many Local networks you have and if more than one, how they are connected.
5. How your network connects to internet (by means of a modem-router ? A server connected to net that grants all the net access? )

We need to know these details in order to give you an answyer that will put you on the right path..
and no stress about being a bother, this site is there for exactly these reasons ;)

Aftertaf (david)
MCSA 2003

Thanks David!

Give us details of your network infratructure...
1. Number of client workstations ( and their O.S.)
A. Windows 2K and 2 work stations (practice set up at home)
2. Number and functions of servers
A. One 2K server setup for practice..no real network
3. Servers' fixed IP addresses.
A. Sorry, I am away from home..to get it..ipconfig?
4. How many Local networks you have and if more than one, how they are connected.
A. 2 work station connected by LAN
5. How your network connects to internet (by means of a modem-router ? A server connected to net that grants all the net access? )
A. DSL.

Thanks for your help... I am new to the server areana and learning a lot from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back