Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP address changing on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

perchanski

Technical User
Jul 6, 2009
GB
Hi All, I have a CM1 baby, i dial into every now and again, but i always have to change the IP address that was on it before. It is not on any network, apart from its own, is this to do with IP leases, i dont understand as its not on a network at all.

Ta

CM1 could be a late Definity, or an early ACM (Multivantage)
Could you be a bit more specific?
as phoneguy says, HUH?
How do you dial in, and what do you use as a console?
I guess you must be using dial-up networking, can you give an example?

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Hi, yeah sorry should have explained a bit more. i have a dial up network set up which i log into, then i start up ASA and log in as usual, his is where the IP address needs changing in the ASA properties. It is an S8700 server on CM1 release i think, it was the first one out.

Is it a duplicated server?
i.e. are there two servers that load share and interchange?
If they are a pair, then there will be 4 applicable IP addresses.
Address server 1
Address server 2
Admin address,
Service port address. The server port is always 192.11.13.6.
the server1 and server2 addresses will be on customer LAN side.
It could be that you are trying to log onto server1 when server2 is in service (or vice-versa)
You should be using the admin address which will always work regardless of which server is active.

If you open the web brower interface and go to the configure server tab, configure individual components. you will see the address list there.
DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.
Just look. :)

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back