Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP address change and Subnet ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4MULA1

Technical User
Jun 8, 2001
CA
I recently changed one Metaframe XP 1.0 Server's IP address and Subnet ID and can not establish a connection with the datstore on a separate SQL server. The clients can not connect to the server unless the ICA connection has the actual IP address. Please confirm or add to the following action plan I am about to perform if you have experience this problem.

1. Change the IP address to the original IP address
2. Change the subnet ID to the original subnet ID
3. Test with the clients to see if they can connect.
4. Run the CMC on a server other than the target server and remove from the farm.
5. Change the IP address and subnet ID
6. Run the CHFARM utility to re-join the farm.

Thanks
4MULA1

I have had a similar problem, i changed our LAN over from a Public IP range to a proper Private IP range, when i did this i was then not able to connect to Published Applications even though all the Citrix XPa FR3 Servers were on the same subnet as the Datastore that was on the SQL Server, even the PC's that were on the same subnet could not connect to Published Apps from Citrix Program Neighbourhood.

I can connect to the datastore from the servers through Citrix Console manager.
Even creating new Published Apps does not work.

I think it is down to the default Zone name that might be the problem as it refers to the old subnet.

Did you find a solution to this problem???
i am reluctent to create a new datastore or change the zone name unless i have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back