Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500v2 With 11.1.3.0.0 cant use SysMonitor app. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joul

Programmer
Dec 21, 2005
SE
Has anyone encountered this?
Manager, Web Manager and SSA no problem. but no response when trying to connect with SysMonitor app, just "trying to connect to <ip address> "
I'm using the 11.1.3 Admin package of course.

I took a new 500v2 from shelf. Upgraded to 11.1.3.0.0 without problems. Took a new Avaya SD card and have valid licences on. SIP phone extensions register correctly.
It is on the same subnet as the other IPO SE and 500v2 and no problem connecting with Sysmonitor to those PBXes...

Strange. Or is there some new system setting that need to be activated?
(like the VMPro manager app now need)

What did you upgrade from? (11.1.3 is still very fresh)

And how are you trying to connect? (UDP, TCP, HTTP, HTTPS)

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I just tried connecting to my demo system which is at 11.1.3 and had no issue. I was able to connect using both UDP and HTTP, this is using monitor 11.1.3 connecting to a 500v2 on 11.1.3.

-----------------------------------

4771494_orig.jpg

Business Phone Systems in Canada

ACSS,AIPS

silly question but can you ping the system?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Try enabling DevLink in Security Settings. System>Unsecured Interfaces.

I tried all 4 (UDP, TCP, HTTP, HTTPS). I think the SD card had 11.1.2.something on it so there wasn't a big leap to 11.1.3.

Pinging was no problems. Manager, Web Manager and System Status app is connecting perfectly, it's just SysMonitor for some reason... Have never had this issue before.
Enabled all unsecure interfaces as IPOTS suggested, also set a new Monitor password.
[highlight #8AE234]Now I can connect with TCP and HTTPS![/highlight] (and HTTP if you lower the security settings / Services / HTTP from "Secure Medium" to "Unsecure + Secure)

Thanks!
[highlight #FCE94F]UDP still doesn't work[/highlight], even though that works on the other 500v2 with 11.1.2.3 and two Server Editions, 11.1.2.3 and 11.1.3.0 - so no problems connecting to these other three IPOs..

I think that SD card was tested before in a 500v2 with a Combo PRI card... I probably should Erase configuration and Erase and default security settings. :)

A quick FYI to connect with UDP (at least on server edition) you now need to have DevLink enabled under security settings. No idea if this is a bug or deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back