Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 w/4412 and pots lines.. Static????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
US
IP 500 with 6 pots lines

ds8 with atm4 in slot 1
phone 2 with atm4 in slot 2

1 expansion module - ds30

This site has been complaining of "static" on calls (in and out). The far end hears it, but the local site does not.

I tried a new atm4, as well as a new ds30.

I downgraded the ds30 to 3.2.999, and reupgraded it.

Can not get rid of the "static". It almost sounds like jitter or delay, but that would be impossible.

Any one else encountered this before?

does it only happen on the ds30 or all ds ports?
does it happen on all atm all atm ports?
does it happen on both atm cards?
have you an earth on the ipo?

Are they off a channel bank? If they are check the timing. One way static is a red flag when it comes to timing.

If you put a butt set on a line does the same thing happen?

Don't assume it is a problem with the IPO.

I am almost positive it is the provider. I have tried new atm cards..

System is grounded. On site now, of course all is well. The biggest problem along with this is that when dialing out, when there is problems, you get e LEC recording saying that "your call cannot be completed as dialed, plaese check the number and dial again...."

I am also getting sphoratic caller id from the LEC.

Yes, these trunks are off a channel bank.

What would I have the lec change the timing to?

I am sure the adit has a setting to have it look to the network for its timing. The company that supplied it should know what to do. Any other timing setting on the adit is unacceptable.

OK. Finally I got this to replicate. Static on lines...tried to dial out from system....got recording....

Tried to dial from buttset unplugged from system.....GOT RECORDING.....

VIDEO TAPED (with cell phone) trying to dial out and getting recording JUST TO SHOW THESE ARROGANT %$#%$#@#@@, that this is their problem.

we will see if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back