Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 - Poor Music on Hold Quality Using Wav File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew092677

Technical User
May 10, 2009
GB

Hi Guys,

I have loaded a music on hold file to a couple of IP 500 systems. However on both systems the quality is great when checked using a short code or tested internally but is really poor quality when an external caller is put on hold.

The file is in the correct format. Both sets of external lines are ISDN.

Not sure what im doing wrong. Why its perfect quality internally but poor quality externally?

In the manager turn off "Allow Direct Media Path"

Extension > ID > Voip tab > untick "Allow Direct Media Path"

Avaya_Red.gif

Have you been drinking Bas?

do you have any other call quality issues?

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

if you are testing from a mobile then it will always be very poor intermittant quality.

Test from a landline should tell you whether you have an issue or not.

Failing that, check what Bas recommends!

maybe i have been drinking? where did he mention ip phones?

LOL Tom, Normaly on the IP500's the MOH is very poor when you test it internal with IP phones and DMP turned on. When you make a call in/out over ISDN/Analog then the quality is good. And like TheTaker says to mobiles it is also less.

@Matthew092677, are you using a mobile gateway (GSM gateway)?

Avaya_Red.gif

My bad. lesson learned. never question anyone on tek-tips! :)

There are IP phones on these sites but i was testing it internally from an analogue phone.

Internally the music on hold is perfect which I assume confirms that the file is in the right format. Its just all external calls that the music on hold is really poor. There are no other call quality issues for normal conversations just this music on hold.

There are GSM gateways on one of the sites but not the other. The gateways are about 3 or 4 metres away from the Avaya.

Its fustrating as its the same thing happening on a few sites and it feels like theres just something im missing or not doing right. How can the music be perfect internally but poor externally?

Thanks all for your help.

Well, double check by putting something into the audio port and then test the quality of MOH from outside.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

or send someone your moh file and we can test it on our systems. thetaker2009 at gm ail dot com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back