Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 Embedded VM Issue 4.2.1(49501)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
Has anyone run into a timeoue issue that the AA greeting repeats itself several times before transferring to desired target? I have tried adjusting the inactivity timer but to no availe... I hae rerecored the AA greeting still same issue..

Any help would be appreciated

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Hi NYSTECH,

I had the same problem.
This is a bug, i suggest that you contact your avaya reseller and ask for the bug fix.

I am sure you have probably done this as a first option, but a restart of the system has resolved a couple of issues for us on Embeded VM.

Fortunatly this is few and far between but worth a go.

Business Phone Systems from Alfred Ashley - Voip and Avaya Digital Telephones for Offices in North West London

BusinessPhoneSystems - a restart is not a solution. you obviously have an avaya bug and need to put an updated version in place. The latest 4.2 fixes the manager reboot embedded vm problems

CQ67700 Embedded Voicemail fails to start after restart performed via Manager

What version are you on?

TT

in your incoming call route that points call the the AA, do you have a fallback entry. By default, when the AA times out in Emdedded VM, it goes to the fallback in the incoming call route if there is something entered there.

I have reported this to Avaya, and they said its a new feature,
basically if the timeout on the AA is longer than the AA message it will play the message again, although I have not tried it you may want to reduce you time out in the AA

Robb

I am on 4.2.4.

I have tried to rebuild AA and restarted system.
I have opened tkt with Avaya on it.
Yes I have fallback set up to go to a VM..

Like I said it does transfer but only after repeating the AA Greeting several times..
Maybe this would help.

I am using the time profile with the incomming call route
pointing it to the AA after hours/ night.

On the actual AA I made the recording under menue options..

Since I am using time profile on incomming call route I have no time profile set on AA...

Do I need to? If I am already using it on incomming call route.

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back