Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 4620 SW connect to IP office 406

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpopper

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2005
US
Hi
I am trying to configure a IP4620 SW to work from my home connected to via a vpn to the office where the IP office 406 is.

I can't get the phone to work.
I created an extension, and the phone won't connect.
It worked fine in the office within the network, but not outside. I have a hardware vpn to the office connected 24/7. I can ping the voicemail server and Avaya system from my home network no problem

Please help me with the correct config.

Did you statically assign an IP Address, File Server and Gateway Server? Your home network probably doesn't have those values assigned via its DHCP server.

I configured the 4620 to use DHCP and I am running DHCP off my Linksys VPN Router at home.

You must manually configure the phone because with the DHCP from the LinkSys the phone doesn't know what the call processor ( aka IP Office ) IP Address is.

I will give that a try.
Also are there some instructions on how to setup the 4620?

ip phone = static adres that you have to configure in manager

callsv = ipoffice ip adres
subnet = subnet :)
router = gateway of your router at home
fileserver = ip of your fileserver at the office
if you have got a virtual lan then you must assing that too

Reboot the phone and when it is starting up it 'should' say Press * to Configure or something along those lines.

Thanks,
Andrew

Confused on:
ip phone = static adres that you have to configure in manager??

Do I give it any IP address on my internal network?

no , the phone is on the remote network
you give it an ip adress on the remote network (must be one in the range you have over there)

By remote you mean my home network ip i.e. 192.168.1.101 not the office?
So at home I run a 192.168.1.0, and at the office 10.20.30.x

Thanks for the info
I assume that the IP phone will not pull a DHCP address from my home router? Therefore requiring a static address?

no dont use dhcp
the ip phone needs an ip adress of your home net work but must also be configured in the ip office

here a example:

the ip office has :10.20.30.1 (example)
in the ip office you configure an ip phone with an ip adress of your home network ( 192.168.1.100)

so your phone should be configured like this

ip phone : 192.168.1.100
callsv : 10.20.30.1
subnet : same as the office
router : ip adres of your router at home ,something like 192.168.1.1
fileserver: the server on your office where manager is running on
the rest you probably don't need to change

Thanks the phone connected and works great!

Does anyone know what the programming code is on the IPoffice system so that you can have the office extension also on your home voip phone

i.e. my office extension is 315 and want my home phone to be 315 so that when i am working from home all i day is dial a code say #315 and the voip phone is now my office line and then when i go back to office i do the same and make the office phone the primary extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back