Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 403 to 403 using xDSL Need for cutover!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajon

MIS
Feb 13, 2004
CA
When we call in on a Analoge trunk Site A and direct calls (Incoming call route)to the main hunt group on Site B the call is being held. The only way to pick up the call is to take the call off hold. We also tried forwarding to an Ext and it holds the call rather then connecting to voicemail. (checked with call status)

I am guessing that this is a SCN, make sure that your incoming call route is pointed to a valid short code that sends the call to the site B group. It will not "learn" the groups like extensions.

I have just taken on support of 2 x IP 403 systems with a similar requirement

The system is setup to pass incoming calls to a Site A virtual extention no which is set to Forward Uncontionally to the Site B extension no allocated to their main incoming Group. Works very well

All Site B outgoing calls are routed over the SCN and out thru Site A default outgoing Line Group.

Thanks for the reply's. I finally got it to work. The problem was I had modem enabled for analog trunk 1. This is not supposed to do this apparently. Could be another little bug in the system (2.0 (18))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back