Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 403 Office Manager App Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean2E30

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2008
US
I've been having issues trying to get my office manager app to pull the configuration from my IP 403. When it completes the pull a lot of the settings are incorrect and if I send it back to the phone switch I have to DTE into the unit and blank out the memory to get it to work again.

I'm also having problems sending button mappings to phones even though the configuration I'm uploading has the buttons programmed. (ie. voicemail, speed dial, etc.)

Sounds like your on 2.1 78/3.0 578

OR you are running the wrong manager version for you system.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

I have office manager version 5.2(54) and when I check the version on the switch with upgrade manager I get 2.99(1000).
Are those the correct numbers?

2.99 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That aint right, your system should not be left on an interim build.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

Step one. GET A NEW BUSINESS PARTNER.
Step two. Upgrade to latest DT version.

It may be worth checking your working directory is set to
C:/Program Files/Avaya/IP Office/Manager
and not
C:/Program Files/Avaya/IP Office/Manager/2.999 or similar.

The last 3.0 DT versions are pretty solid, there was an issue with 3.0 578 manager crashing the system on merge. But the actual firmware it installed on the IP offices is very stable.

Without you being on a true build its silly for us not to suggest getting your self to a true build.

3.2 54 Manager is worth keeping. You may just want to download the bin files off the support pages and point the working directory to this and carry out an upgrade.

If you struggle drop us a shout.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

Thanks Guys! I've actually just kept with the 3.2(54) and upgraded the phone switch to work with it. I had some problems where I had to blank out the onboard memory using the DTE port and I was able to set the newer setup on the switch.

DTE'ing your switch sounds like a good plan.
Glad your all sorted. Hopefully your issue would have gone too.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back