Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 400 Digital Station Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who27

Technical User
Jun 17, 2005
US
This morning when I came into my office, all the phones hooked up to our IP 400 Digital Station were dead except for the voicemail light which was blinking on and off. The digital station's lights all appeared normal. I tried rebooting and unplugging it but it keeps doing the same thing. Anyone ever seen anything like this before? Thanks.

Did you reboot the ipoffice ?
The module needs to be registered to the ipoffice

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I rebooted the IP403 unit that we have the IP400 DS hooked up to. I believe the IP400 DS is registered with the IP Office since it is listed under the Control Units section of the Manager application. Is that what you are talking about?

Does the led on the DS module blink or is it solid green ?
It has nothing to do with the list in manager

The light is solid green and the ports that are plugged into phones are also lit green.

Is there been lighting or power failure ?
Sounds like it is dead indeed

Yea, there was a storm last night so that probably caused it.

Connect with a serial cable (9 pins to 25 pins)

Use a terminal program with these settings:

none
hardware

See if it gives error messages with power up
Then you are sure it is a dead unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor