Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 2002 MIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiredent

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2008
I have my VoIP setup but the IP phones when they connect do not have the MIC working. ie The person making the call cannot speak to the receiver. You can hear the receiver and but they cannot hear you.

They can here number tones and the calls work from a digital DN.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly:

- Digital sets have 2-way speech over VoIP
- IP sets have 1-way speech over VoIP

If that's the case then this is likely a codec or payload mismatch and likely under your IP terminal settings.

Under Global IP Terminals, ensure the payload size matches the size you've selected under your H323 configuration. Ensure this also matches (in both places) the distant end BCM.

The payloads are set to 30 in all locations.

The codec on the trunks are set to an ascending order on both sides.

The IP phones are set to auto. I have tried setting a phone to each of the codecs with no success.

As norstarboy125 mentioned - are you sure ALL of the appropriate ports are open in your routers?

Another possibility: Have you got any Cisco Routers or a Cisco PIX firewall in the network? There are some "gotchas" with Cisco/Nortel interop.

If Cisco Routers are in the network:

Cisco defaults with H245 tunneling enabled while BCM defaults with H245 Tunneling disabled. If you have Cisco Routers, either disable H245 tunneling on the routers or enable H245 tunneling on the BCM's. Enabled or disabled does not matter, they just have to match. If making hte change in the BCM's, stop/start VoIP Gateway service (or FEPS service) - whichever is applicable for your version of BCM.

If Cisco PIX Firewalls are in the network:

For H323: Disable the H323 fix-up protocols on the PIX (I believe there are two of them over ports 1718, 1719, 1720). If there is a PIX FW on each end, ensure this is done on both ends.

For SIP: Disable SIP fix-up protocol (port 5060) on the PIX.

If none of the above works - if you make a test call and stamp it (F9*9) and post the feps log, I may be able to help further.

I am trying to find this.

UNIStim Firmware Maintenance Release 0604DAX for
Phase II IP Phones (2001, 2002 & 2004)

It has in the release notes a fix for one way calling.

Does anyone know how to apply the IP 2002 firmware to the BCM 50 so that it can be sent to the phone?

Ok I found that my DHCP for the 2002s had a bad router assignment. I corrected the issue and it resolved the one way speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back