Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IOS version assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMThomas

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2004
GB
I have a Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24-TS switch which is a cluster master.

Recently installed new IOS (Version: c3750-ipservicesk9-tar.122-35.SE2.tar)

I would like to install the latest IOS available that will fit into the 16mb Flash on this device.

In Windows it shows c3750-ipservicesk9-tar.122-53.SE2.tar as a size of 15,851,520 bytes.
On the switch it shows that 15,996,416 bytes are free in flash.

Yet when I try and upload the image it says there isn't sufficient space in flash....

Any ideas/suggestions? What am I missing? Can I easily upgrade the flash?

Flash is not upgradeable on these boxes. All images will fit but with 16 meg you can only have 1 image at a time in flash , so the question is how adventuresome are you ? You can use the overwrite command when you do the archive function and that should overwrite the existing image and or directory .

I did delete the existing image file and subdirectories, to the point it showed 15,996,416 bytes free in the flash, but te 15,851,520 image wouldn't install as per message above :(

then only tftp the bin file to the switch
you shouldn't have to use the webpages to access the switch (=is within the tar).
telnet should be enough.

yes, get the ".bin" file which should probably be less in size. for a file that big, i prefer to use tftp32 rather than pumpkin. sometime CiscoWorks works pretty good in running jobs like IOS upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back