Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IOS Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech84

Technical User
May 18, 2000
US
Hi,

I just purchased a 2503 a couple of days ago, and it has an older IOS image on it. I'm about to purchase flash and DRAM upgrades for it so it'll have 16mb/16mb. I don't have the router in front of me now, but it's got an IOS major release ver 10.x. I am considering going to a newer IOS, but I don't know where to get them. I've read a lot of posts here on the topic, and most suggest to buy it. Well, everywhere I look, the IOS is going for hundreds of dollars! This router is just for practicing and familiarization. Am I stuck with this IOS since I'm cheap? Isn't there some discount place to get IOS images?

Thanks!

Mike
[morning]

I have never found anywhere to get free or discounted software. The basic IP IOS is usually only a few $$. Once you start getting interested in more features/protocols the price goes thru the roof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back