Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Iomega USB external hdd crash my win2k server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansonng

MIS
Feb 16, 2003
AU
Hi all, recently I bought a iomega usb external 120gb hdd for my ibm x232 server. When I plug in the usb cable, the systems detected the device, and crashed in a matter of seconds and shown me a blue screen of death stating kmode exception error ntoskrl.exe and started memory dump. Anyone know what went wrong? My os is win2k sp3.

Thank you all!

I have already checked both iomega site and ibm site but I couldn't find any clue still.... :(

Still having the same problem after playing with this whole weekend, any ideas?

Am I safe in assuming you tested the drive on another computer and that it didn't crash? I'm only asking 'cause it looks more like a hardware failure from here.

Sloth is the mother of invention. Necessity is just a mother...

Unfortunately I couldn't find another same spec server to do the testing. However I did plug the hdd into other machine like notebook and server running win2k sp2/sp3/sp4 and the hdd is working fine.

I contacted IBM, they came down and tried, and the conclusion, iomega usb external hdd 120GB is not compatible with IBM servers, and thus, cannot be used... Now I have wasted few hundred dollars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back