Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IOEQI is causing data reloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaakie

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2003
GB
I am having a problem trying to assign a new MML terminal on an IPU board. I am using IOEQI:IODEV=TERMINAL7,EQU=8-0-23-3; There are 2 MML ports already assigned on the IPU, the same occurs on the NIU in LIM 9. I have restarted LIM 8 but this didn't cure the fault. There are enough O&M V24 licences to allow the extra MML's. Also I can assign MML's on the IPU's and NIU's in all the other LIM's that have them in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi - I had this problem, wrong licence chip in the IPU. Try another one!!!
Cheers

Hi - Harddisk15
Is there any way of proving that its the wrong chip. I'm assuming that your refering to the chip in LIM 1. This seems to have coincided with a onebox system being installed. The 3rd port on 8-0-23 used to work ok, then the onebox was installed on another LIM but for some reason Damovo had to end the 3rd port on LIM 8. I will be testing later to see if I can program the 3rd port on any of the IPU/NIU boards in the system.

Thanks

Kings

In LIM 1 or the LIM's with the problem?

Thanks

Jaakie

Jaakie,

In the lim with the problems.

Kings

Jaakie,
Firstly, why you use a board_position #23?
And why you give a equipment_position #3?
IPU have 3 ports for V.24 and 4-th is used for debug purposes.
I think so you must run command IOEQI:IODEV=TERMINAL7,EQU=8-0-60-02; and it be correctly executed.

Serg!
IPU only has 4 timeslots so it's okay to have in pos23.
IND=0 is the scsi bus
IND=1 is the TTY1
IND=2 is the TTY2
IND=3 is the TTY3

Restarting programs , swapping cards
will not resolve your problem .
AS for the EIC numbered prom it's only
needed on the ipu board connected to the
backupmedia.
Somehow the ending of the port 8-0-23-3 has made datacorruption
leaving som bad pointers in some programs,causing
datareload when it's trying to be initiated again.

You should really have this fault reported to
your service provider ,so they can fix the data
corruption.

Ah, I forgot about SCSI :(
Syar, you right!
But what is the position 8-0-23? In LBP20 there is only 63 and 73 have 8 timeslots...

All,

Thanks for your help and suggestions. It does appear that there was some corruption that was not confined to the LIM in which the fault was occurring. It was cleared by the maintainer doing a RFEXI to ensure corruption was cleared from all LIM's. This was decided upon after discovering that some LIM's you could assign the 3rd port and in others this would cause a data reload.

Thanks again

Jaakie

Who said he has LBP20 in the lim.
It could be LPB3 , LBP9 , LBP10 ,LBP12 or
LBP13 .
They all have pos 23.

Again !
You can't fix datacorruption with RFPUI or RFEXI.
This kind of data is stored as reload data
not temporary variables.
So it has to be hacked out by SACOS(es).

As I previously stated the maintainer performed a RFEXI. This has cleared the problem and all is ok now. So I guess I will never know the root cause of the problem.

Thanks

Jaakie

Okay it wan't real datacorrution then.

Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back