Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IO tunning 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

orauxpro

MIS
Jun 21, 2001
SA
Hello everyone

I am a oracle 8.0.0.4 DBA on unix 11 i would like to step by
step procedure for making IO TUNEUP.

Thanks.

hey guys its realy urgent issue, can't any body help me here

thanks for all.

Check the below parameters in parameter file.
processes ,dml_locks,log_buffer,open_cursors,dbwr_io_slaves,LGWR_IO_SLAVES

Check the database is in which mode. i.e. Archival or Noarchive.

I think that a much more basic step comes first: define your problem. I assume that this problem is urgent because you are experiencing poor performance. Is that right? If so, you need to collect statistics to narrow down what is causing the problem. This can be done using Statspack, or the older utlbstat/utlestat utilities. Try to collect statistics at different periods - some when performance is good and some when things are slow. Hopefully this will allow you to narrow down which factors are causing degraded performance. Then you will know where to start your tuning efforts.

Even though your post is titled "i/o tuning", it's far from obvious at this point that excessive i/o is causing your problem. In my experience problems with the shared pool, such as latch waits, are just as likely to cause problems as i/o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back