Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoking macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewItron

Programmer
Nov 21, 2003
IN
Hi,
I want to invoke ms access macro from outlook as soon as an email arrives in one of my outlook folders ?
Can anybody help me out as how to do so ?
Thannking you in advance
Regrds
Itron

Itron,

Is it the Outlook trigger or the running of the Access macro that's your problem?

If it's the Outlook trigger, I did it once, but found it so unreliable that I ditched it in favour of processing my mail via a manual button-click.

It was a while ago, so I can't remember the details, but you need to include an "Add_Item" event procedure in "This Outlook Session". This procedure will include the code to set up which folders will be scanned, and what procedures to invoke when the event is fired.

If the running of the Access macro is your issue, I haven't ever done it. However, I'm sure that by instantiating the Access object model in your Outlook code, the rest would be easy. It works for Excel, so I'm assuming it should work for Access as well.

This hasn't been a lot of help, I know, but it may get you started, and someone else is bound to have some more helpful ideas.

Best of,
SmallCraig[upsidedown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back