Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoice Stuck in Posting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndininno

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2013
US
I'm not well versed in the ES menus (or accounting terms) so bare with me while i try to explain as best as I can. I have an invoice number that is stuck before posting. I can see the order number in the following tables.

[dbo].[oeinqord_sql].[ord_no]
[dbo].[oelinaud_sql].[ord_no]
[dbo].[oeordhdr_sql].[ar_reference]
[dbo].[oeordhdr_sql].[ord_no]
[dbo].[oeordlin_sql].[ord_no]
[dbo].[oepdshdr_sql].[ord_no]

A good order that finished going through from the same batch shows up in these tables.

[dbo].[amutas].[bkstnr_vrz]
[dbo].[gbkmut].[bkstnr_sub]
[dbo].[oehdrhst_sql].[ar_reference]
[dbo].[oehdrhst_sql].[ord_no]
[dbo].[oelinhst_sql].[ord_no]

I'm sure I'm not giving enough information but any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm more than happy to follow up with more info.

Macola ES version 9.6.900
~N

If you run the pre-post invoice register after everything has posted, then the 'stuck' order/invoice should show there and you will often be able to tell why. The most common reasons are duplicate invoice number and invalid GL accounts. Looking at your list of tables that the order/invoice exists in, it is not partially posted so you should be able to correct it by doing the following;

1). Print the invoice again (by enabling the print duplicates check box).
2). Respond NO when asked if the invoice printed OK.
3). Unselect the order.
4). Review the order and make any required changes.
5). Print the order.
6). Post the order.

Note that the steps above will assign a new invoice number.

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

OK I tried what you recommended CrystalReporting, but my AR clerk got an error message. Now the order is in the following tables, still unable to post.

[dbo].[oeordhdr_sql].[ar_reference]
[dbo].[oeordhdr_sql].[ord_no]
[dbo].[oeordlin_sql].[ord_no]

One thing that jumped out at me is that in the table [dbo].[oeordhdr_sql] the status column value is 9.

What was the error message? On which of the 6 steps did it appear? How about a screenshot? Peter's solution should work perfectly.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

The error messages is
Error Number 94
Source Bank\CreateTransaction
Invalid use of Null.

The error message came on step 6

test_qc1rxn.png

Edit: Performing the above 6 steps a second time somehow fixed it. I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time but did the second.

If you take step 4 - review the order for accuracy seriously - and by that I mean tabbing thru every single field of the order header and order lines - you should never get this again.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

I have this issue again and it's slightly different now. At the reprint order step (1) I'm getting an error "No data which meets the criteria entered" It's also not showing up on the pre post.

OK the status there says 9. Invoice PRT

An order in status 9 is printed (from Macola's perspective). You should be able to print it again using the regular invoice print function as long as you are using the 'Print Duplicates' option. If you are using the 'Print Duplicates' option and are still getting the 'No data' message, then try using the regular (non Crystal) invoice print (assuming you are using the Crystal invoice).

Peter Shirley

My AR person just went in and tried looking at it and the status changed to 8 - Selected

The only way the status would change from 9 to 8 is if someone completed the step you were trying to do i.e. print the invoice with 'print duplicates' enabled and respond no to the invoice printing OK.

Peter Shirley

OK. I verified that she (AR clerk) did do that. I'm still getting the same error though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back