Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoice status is 40 but not in cheque run

Status
Not open for further replies.

cima

MIS
Oct 6, 2003
MY
Hi All,

There is an invoice which have status 40(in cheque run), but when we review the list of invoices in that particular cheque run, the invoice is not included.
Until now, the invoice is still hanging in our MIMS system with status 40 and i can't do anything about it.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Regards,
Amirul

Hi,
Check other details about the invoice. Does it total a positive value? If not negative cheques are not able to be created. In this case the MSB289 will set the status to paid, but the cost account will be reduced by this amount. This is the only obvious thought I have on this.
Paul.

Hello,
I have a similiar situation. we are on Ellipse 5.2.0.2.1. I am still researching the problem, one thing that I have found is when the users use the handling code of "Pay immediately" the online screen is putting spaces in the msf281-inv-dstrct field. This causes other program's to not find the invoice because they are expecting a non space value. I am going to report this to the mincom help desk. Our solution for the time being is to have the accountants change the due date of the invoice via the online screen, instead of putting a "handling code" in.

Hope this helps. I'll let you know what else I find.
thanks

We have seen problems with the timing of the MSB260 and MSB289 runs where an invoice is approved, but the supplier has a negative amount due. On some of these, the process to reset the status to 30 was skipping a day resulting in the status not being reset. This situation did not self-correct on the following run and the status stayed at 40.

We reset the status to 30 using SQL and the invoices then properly cleared with the next payment to the supplier.

Glen Colbert
gcolbert@rag-american.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back