Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoice History Printing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

msimone

MIS
Jan 14, 2003
US
Hello All -

We use MAS90's AR Invoice History Printing to print out confirmation invoices to pre-printed forms (roughly 4" high by 8" wide) on a dot matrix printer. However, this week it has started acting up in a very strange way. On every third invoice the printer does not move down a line between 'Customer Addess Line 1' and 'Customer Address Line 2', so "Attn: Joe Schmoe" gets typed over "Acme Inc.". This makes that invoice useless, which is bad enough, but it also throws the following invoices off enough to mess up the alignments.

My first thought was to blame the printer, but this problem affects both of our dot-matrix printers, regardless of which workstation I try to print from. Also, when I tried printing a multi-page text document to the printer it worked fine, and the form description printed fine to the printer as well. I have re-created the form in Invoice History Printing a couple of times, but the printing still comes out screwy.

Does anybody have any assistance regarding this? Any help is much appreciated!

Sincerely,

Mike Simone

Replying to myself here -

Just in case anyone else has similar problems, I recreated the form to no avail. I had to reboot the servers to install a new UPS. Afterwards I tried the printing again, just to see. It printed the new forms perfectly. I haven't tried the old forms, mainly becuase if they work, I'll probably jump out my window. If I had a window.

Mike Simone

Hi mike
again I was interested in answers here.
Our printing problem does not repeat nicely like yours. (did?)
Our AP clerk gets "random acts of rotten typing" on AP checks. Characters dropped out of remittance info or address. Doesn't repeat at regular intervals. I tried a few things for her-don't think we've had much success. Now that I'm thinking about it-i'll inquire again today.

If humor would be a suitable alternative to jumping out the window, post back when you need it and i'll give you a ups reboot story from a couple of weeks ago.

dave

drdebit -

Humor is always a good thing.

Mike Simone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back