Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoice Entry - Wrong Date 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newworld51

Technical User
Apr 17, 2002
US
When first going to invoice data entry in MAS90, I get the wrong default date. Sometimes it's last month and sometimes it's 2 or 3 months ago.

This only happens on one workstation using Win98 on a Novell 4.11 Network.

Check the system date in windows control panel. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Thanks,

The system date in control panel is current.

Start MAS and go to File Preferences. On page 4 System Prefs check your settings for Dates. If you do not prompt for Acounting Date, the system will use the data that was last used when accessing the module. Selecting this will cause the program to ask which accounting date to use. When starting each module.

Be careful if using the Auto set Acctg date from System Date, at monthend this could cause transactions to be posted into the wrong month.

Michael Gillen CNE
mgillen@gmhca.com

Question for Michael514...

What if I have an employee whose system preferences are set to prompt for an acct'g date, but it never pops up automatically like everyone else's? I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

Beth

The first thing I would do is remove the workstation files and then re-install the workstation setup. I also remember an "ini" file that did become corrupted that need to be recreated (It had to do with Terminal ID's). I'll look at my notes on thursday morning and see if I can find the one that applies to your situation

Thanks - I'll try the workstation recreation this morning.

Beth

Updated Windows 89 and Internet Explorer and the date error no longer appears. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back