Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoice and Credit will not clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaySr

Technical User
May 10, 2007
US
I entered an invoice for the wrong vendor and did not catch it until after I posted. In order to clear it I entered a CM for this vendor. The problem I am having now is when i print the Invoice Payment Selection Register it still shows the original invoice and the credit memo for the customer.

I tried to enter a manual check (APP001) and selected both the credit and the invoice and posted it, but it is still on the selection register. What do I do now?

Thought I would check here before I pay to have the techs come out.

Hopefully you have not already had to pay for this answer, but you can enter an adjustment against the invoice to zero it out and it will no longer appear on the selection register.

Just enter the invoice with the incorrect vendor and a window will appear. It will have a button you can press to adjust the invoice. Enter the full amount of the invoice as a negative so that it will zero out the invoice. On the lines tab, enter the same line items, but as the reverse amount of the original invoice. Post your invoice and it will no longer appear on the selection register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back