Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invisible 'Objects' Which Print Over Content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohriver

Technical User
Mar 22, 2000
US
My wife is running Pagemaker 7.0 on Windows 98 platform, and encountering a problem that has me stumped.
When trying to print a menu for her cafe, black rectangle
objects appear on the print-out near the bottom of the page. In Actual View, no such objects "seem" to exist; no inadvertent, blank shapes that one can select and delete or cut. Nothing there. But when you switch to Fit in Window view, you can clearly see these various sized black shapes. We are not able to select them.
My only workaround I have found thus far is to insert a white rectangle over this same area, Send it to Back, and then place textual content above the rectangle, the black objects seem to get 'covered' up and then do not print.
This is not a very satisfactory workaround. Anyone else experience anything similar, or recognize what might be going on here?

Hi!

Try to examine Layers. Maybe you have locked layer below.

LP.

Hello,
I had a simular problem once. It was a conflict with my video driver and Pagemaker.
Try and change the driver your computer is using for the video driver.
Good luck

It sounds to me like a layering problem. Moving the text to the back, is there then no opportunity to click on the objectionable items?

To respond to Jeep's question:
no, even when moving items to Back, there are no 'objectionable' objects revealed to select and cut...

It's a headscratcher....and to make it worse, my wife keeps forgetting how to implement the arcane workaround I devised for her, so she keeps calling me at work and asking I walk her through it one more time! Help!

If the darned things are printing black like they show up in the preview mode, then they must be SOMEWHERE, right?

Where?
I want to hunt them down and delete them where they live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back