Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invisible Errors while running programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarKes

Programmer
May 3, 2001
ES
hi everybody
when i am running mi app compiled in VB 6 under Windows 2000, there are some invisible errors that doesn´t show any message.
The computer hangs and i have to finish my App whith Ctr+Alt+Supr, however this errors in design time show an error message an I can know where is the error.
Example:
when I try to write in a drive that doesn´t exist, the program doesn´t show any message, but it hangs.

My question is:
is there any method to know, in execution time, where an error happens??

thanks

what´s happens in the ide?, appears any error msg?

Cimd- That's what he means when he talks about "design time". Good question, though.

Jorgeromero- You can trap potential problems with the On Error Goto statement. The program will branch to the label specified in that statement. You can see what error occurred and handle it, or if you KNOW what error occurred (sometimes you just know, you know?) you can take care of the problem.

Fortunately for us, error trapping/error handling is explained very well on the MSDN CDs and on the net. Some items for you to look at: "Err", "Err.Number", "Err.Description", "On Error", "error handling", "error trapping". Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back