Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Investigating CiscoWorks2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

silks101

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
GB
The company I work for are looking at the possibility of getting Cisco Works 2000 to help with the monitoring and management of the network. I have been assigned the job of looking at its capabilities.

I know very little about the product and its capabilities if anyone can give me a brief overview it would be greatly appreciated.

Or if you know a web site that can give me the relevant info.

Many thanks

Steve
CCNA

It depends on what you mean by monitoring you're network. Ciscoworks2000 is great but does not give visual assurance on the condition of you're network as per say HP Openview or Whatsup! Gold. If you're looking for a GUI interface that will monitor and report node outages or warnings then go with one of the other 2. If you're looking to get in deeper with you're cisco equipment and monitor at a different level and troubleshoot then Ciscoworks is what you should look into. Try Im not sure of any other sites to find the information you're looking for.

Well, if you are looking for a cost-effective network client management solution, I suggest you check out "Campus Manager" developed by BSI(
Basically, It does

* Work on heterogeneous network (Cisco, 3Com, HP, PacketShaper, Alcatel, Enterasys, Extreme and so on)
* Client Registration, Authentication, and Tracking.
* Show Historical Client Connection Records
* Client Security Scanning
* Unauthorized DHCP Server Detection
* Alarm/Event Notification
* Auto-discovery
* and more

Price is relatively lower than any other commercial network management tools.

BSI website:

If you are looking for a multi-vendor solution for network configuration managment. I suggest you checkout my company. ! We got cisco works beat good.

Regards,
Fred Crable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back