Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory4 and DB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langer

MIS
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Who can help me with installation and configuration of inventory 4 under win2kserver. My DB2 is already working with tec.
I have a DB2 Admin db2 with password tectec. My problem is
when i try to run the inv_db2_admin.sql with user db2
and password tectec i dont get a user invtiv installed.So
when i run the script inv_db2_schema.sql also under user
db2 and password tectec the tables will be installed under
my tec database. A select * from Inventorydata shows that
it is ok, but i get an error when i make a wrimtest -l inventory. The wrimtest -l inventory only works when i
use the user db2 and the database tec. When i distribute
a inventory scan(profile) i get an error that i use wrong
database.
Do i have to create an additional database inventory ?
Who has done this already and will give me some tips to do this? I dont know which scripts under
which user i have to run. The tivoli description is very poor.

Does your id has super rights to create tablespace and user id on DB2?. Did you try modifying the inv_db2_admin.sql script to change the user id and also to link the id to the specified inv table?. I have configured INV on AIX with Oracle 817. And it required system id of oracle to run specified admin.sql script.

1. create a new database with the user DB2 and call it for instance 'invdb' (db2 create database invdb)
2. log on as Administrator and install Tivoli-inventory. Don't forget to fill in the installation options (Database ID = invdb)
3. check your rim-objects: wrimtest -l inv_query
4. probably: you get this error: Opening Regular Session...FRWRA0012E The RDBMS server call has failed.
The operation was: DB2 Error Code: -1403 SQLState:08004[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1403N The username and/or password supplied is
incorrect. SQLSTATE=08004
5. solution 1: wsetrimpw inv_query inventory <password of DB2-user>
6. solution 2: wdel @RIM:inv_query and recreate it again: wcrtrim -v DB2 -h tpbdg -d Tivoli -u DB2 -H C:\DB2\SQLLIB -s tcpip -I C:\DB2 inv_query
7. via command prompt type db2cmd
8. go in the DB2-command prompt to the directory where the *.sql are
9. Type: db2 connect to invdb USER DB2
10. type in the commandline 'bash' or 'sh' (Set in the environment path of Administrator the following path: c:\Tivoli\bin\w32-ix86\tools (needed for BASH) and log off) and run the sql-statements
11. Does this help you?

Bruno DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back