Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory Valuation Change question (error 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnicef

MIS
Feb 10, 2003
File: IM_99ssi.soa
Channel: -32768
Key:

Last channel opened: 90
Last Channel accessed: 11

Under open files it shows channel 90 is IM_99 and channel 11 is IMC.

I tried to rebuild the key files and sort files but it does not fix the problem. Help!!! It takes about a minute and a half to change them manually and I still have over 800 parts to change! Any body have any ideas?

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

If you click the info button, it should provide you with a few more details. I'm specifically looking for PROGRAM and LINE#. If you can provide that, I should be able to check things out for you..

Program is IMWUGA
Line# is 1140

Thanks in advance.

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

This isn't so bad.. you have an item-whse detail record that is going back to get the warehouse -- and the warehouse isn't there anymore (which is basically an error 11). If you setup the warehouse again, you should be in good shape.

Did you delete a whse recently? The system should check to see if a item-whse record exists prior to letting you delete the whse--but who knows what happened here..

You can see what whse is missing by looking at what the "Key" value is on the error screen (hit the Info button). The key should be the whse code that is missing.

Good luck!

When I click on info, it says the key is n/a. Is there a way I can find out what it is looking for? What table could i find this value in? I knopw how to link through the ODBC in access. Can I find the value this way?

Probably means you have a item-whse record that has the whse field empty. Do this:

Ooen MSAccess. Create a new database somewhere. Click on File/Get External Data/Import

When you get the traditional Windows Open dialog, change the drop down titled "Files of type" to "ODBC Databases()"
You should then get another window to popup asking for you to select a datasource. Select "SOTAMAS90.dsn". At this point, you'll get prompted for a MAS90 company code, userid and password. Enter it and it will popup a list of tables. Select one called "IM2_InventoryItemWhseDetl".
You should now get a new table in your access database that has your MAS90 item/whse detail records imported into it. Right-click on the Whse column to sort ascending. Browse the records until you find the record that is giving you this problem.

Now that you've found the Item that is causing this problem, here's what you need to do to fix it:
In MAS90, select Library Master/Repair/Data File Display and Maintenance.
Enter the filename IM2XXX.SOA (xxx=company code)
Enter the item number (uppercase) in the "Key" field. Use the browse buttons to align yourself on the record. When you have the one that is causing you a problem, you can click the Delete button to remove it.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR IM2XXX.SOA FILE PRIOR TO DOING THIS. It's always better to be safe than sorry..

Update: I linked the IM2 table and it had a record without a warehouse code. I deleted it from the IM_01 table and the update went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back