Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory Trx History Runtime Error Macexe.exe abnormal program termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

proksy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2010
US
Hello everyone,

I have run into this problem in the past and was able to resolve the issues but it has resurfaced and I am completely stumped. I need help! :)

DESCRIPTION:
Client: Macola Progression SQL Explorer 7.6.400
Database: MS SQL Server 2005
When a user goes to [Inventory Management] >> [View] >> [Inventory Trx History] then enters an item number and location the Macola client crashes. In the past the issue was invalid data and was very easy to identify. I am betting invalid data is still the issue.

ACTIONS TAKEN:
In the past what would happen is a custom software application wasn't automatically casting item numbers to upper case before writing to the macola database tables. These issues were easy to find and simple to fix as all I had to do was view the iminvtrx_sql table and identify a lowercase letter. I've looked in iminvtrx_sql and everything seems to look fine. I then ran the [File Validation] tool and identified and fixed a lot of PRODUCT CATEGORY MISMATCH issues in the iminvloc_sql table. After running [File Validation] and fixing those issues the Macola client would now work but only if "ALL" locations was chosen. If any specific location was chosen the program would crash. I have gone into other [Inventory Management] tables and made sure the product category was the same for all the records for a particular item number but with no success.

Because the client now only crashes when a user selects a location and not "ALL" I am inclined to think that something is wrong with the iminvloc_sql or imlocfil_sql tables. But when I run [File Validation] on iminvloc no errors are returned and when I view those tables everything looks fine. What are all of the tables used or involved in the [Inventory Trx History] module? I can only think of three fore sure 1) imitmidx_sql, 2) iminvloc_sql, 3) iminvtrx_sql Many, many thanks for any help!

Thanks

I know I don't need to upgrade to Macola 10 to use Wisys...It would be nice to be current on version though I think you would agree. I will PM you my email address and phone number. You're help has been much appreciated BTW.

EDIT: Guess you can't PM people on the tek-tips forum...that's not cool. I think I found your email so I'll just email you my info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back