Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory Transfers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clundey

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
I am creating a new location within the warehouse. I have a LOT of items that I need to 'move' from one location to the new one.

Inventory transaction>transfer says "Item not stocked at this location" when I try transferring the items because I did NOT create item first in Item/Loc.

Question - Am I going to have to find all the items and create them first in the new loc? or is there a setting that can autocreate the item in the location similiar to how new bins work?

I'm using 7.5.103f and SQL Server.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Chris

Thanks Peter, the function is there, and it works.

However, I needed to duplicate items by product category and item wgts, not just item number sequence :(

I was thinking of just writing an update sql stmt that would change the loc field for the selected items.

What is the impact of having an item/location record that does NOT match whats set as default loc at the module level?

Chris

Could you use the standard copy function to copy a range of items, then use a SQL statement to delete items from IMINVLOC_SQL that don't meet your product category and item weight criteria?

Peter Shirley

Thats a much better idea! Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back