Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory programs/hardware on servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmera

MIS
Feb 4, 2005
US
I need help taking an inventory of multiple Dell servers running Windows 2k and 2003. We had staffing change and I'm in over my head. I'm mostly PC/app support! Any suggestions on how to get a listing of installed programs and hardware would be greatly appreciated!

I'm hoping there is a program or something I'm missing to help.

Thanks,

Angie

You can also use Belarc. I've used the free personal version, but have no experience of the Network / Commerce tool. Very good on the installed software / patches / logins front as well as all the hardware.

HTH

Mike

In the past I have used the software mvPCinfo. It is a nice little tool, and not very expensive either.

Gives you a list of all the software, and hardware for a particular machine.

You can run it from the command line, and so is great for running from login scripts, not jsut for what you are after.

There is also a backend database available for it, which helps with the production of reports.

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key

I guess it depends on what exactly you want to inventory. If you want hardware inventory, the Dell supplied, free tool, OpenManage may do the trick.

Try Alloy software, search for NINA.exe, i use it on all my clients, free auditing for upto 25 clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back