Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inventory of installed softwares 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dineshparikh

Technical User
Aug 28, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I want to make a inventory of installed softwares on my workstations.Instead of doing it manually every month is there any kind of tool or script through which i can scan my workstations across LAN and get all the software installed on them.

Help me.

Thanks
Dinesh

Hi Dinesh,
There was a software called Hitachi JP1 under Desktop management module. It not only scan your inventory but it also do a lot of stuff like remote monitoring, hardware and software inventory and software distribution.
Bye.

Do a search for a rogram called Belarc Advisor (think it may be its free and does pretty much a full report of installed software, hardware devices and MS installed patches. Afaik it is local only though, not usable over the network. I don't know if there is a program out there that does it because I am not sure if it can be done without an agent of some kind on the client machine - don't think most ppl want others to be able to see what they have on their machine.

Ther is also another tool that will let you check and see what software is installed on each machine, its called Dameware, you check it out for thirty days and it can be downloaded from It does more than just being able to check on the software it also allows you to do remote administration of your workstations and the client can be pushed to each workstation as long as it is an NT/2000/XP workstation, for Win9x machines you have to install the client manually. The cost of this software is $190 + 20% if you want to upgrade to 2 years of support and upgrades. I hope this helps you.

The Belarc software mentioned by Grenage has a server version called BelManage. You need to install Belarc to each computer and then use Belmanage to check on what each client has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back