Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faph

Technical User
Nov 8, 2004
CA
Hi,

I'm looking for a software solution to manage Telecom and IT Inventory. Ideal system would connect to the PBX to collect the maximum information available. Have any idea?

ld 20 prt tnb, return.. go to pepedog.com for an excel that will sort it for you. another load, less detail, ld 81 lst (for list) then at feat sets. you can use cnt instead of lst to get a count.. another list, this one more accurate due to the fact that it also shows sets that are programed but not plugged in.. ld 117 inv grnerate sets, then an hour or so later, depending on your system, do a inv prt sets.. also try inv ? for all possible options.. you want all info their is about 30 loads that you need to print, some of them 100's of pages long, sorta like my boss asking me if i could print all the web sites that needed to be blocked on the internet.. sorta hard to give him a list of 1.9 billion web sites, let alone print them out. should have sent him the 1st few 1000 pounds, but i was laughing to hard.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Would you know a software solution (Windows Interface) that would allow the management of the Inventory? The solution I'm looking for would do M1 but could also manage data from other systems such as Norstar, even if the information must be entered manually.

Anyone know if SwitchView is still for sale? I am not sure if it had the capability to do other systems (other than Meridian) or not.

Also, check out vendors that sell CDR or SMDR programs. Most also sell or include management tools....but..sit down for the price.

Lastly...if you are comfortable with Microsoft Access (or any other database software) you could build your own solution in a pretty short amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back