Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory Location is Invalid error during 9i installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cso5874

Programmer
Dec 12, 2001
US
I am currecntly trying to install Oracle 9i Database on an IBM AIX 4.3.3 machine with Maintenance pack 10 installed.

Right after the splash screen appears for Oracle Universal Installer, I get the error Inventory Location is Invalid error.

Does anyone know what this means, and where is Oracle looking for as far as the Inventory Location is?

Please let me know, as this is very important.

Thank you in advance.

Don't the release notes or the read me files indicate how to specify those locations?
( I'm not being rude, I don't have access to my CDs and forget..But most of the Install discs I have used have some info like that )

[profile]

I had this problem with Solaris. I wrongly specified the inventory location inside the installation directory structure. To get around it I created two new directories outside of the install directory called ora9inventory and oui9 and made sure they were owned by oracle 9 user and dba group. So, in the install itself I specified these directories and everything finished okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back