Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory Failed on Networker 7.1.2 on AIX 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smielvaque

Programmer
May 30, 2007
FR
Hi,

I have a Pass-through of HP MSL6060 + MSL 6060 + MSL6030

My Networker server (7.3.2 on Aix 5.2.0) dit not reconize media. I do an Inventory (nsrjb -vI) it see barcode but don't update media database.
I try to scan a volume (with scanner -vi /dev/rmtx.1) the scan found the saveset but the media database still empty.
I try to check media database with nsrck -X (also nsrim -X)

Perhaps there is a Networker update for MSL stack ?

Thank you ..
PS: Sorry for my poor English ...

Hi,

I don't really understand what the problem is. First of all, you don't need any update to networker for your MSL stack. NetWorker can handle that without a problem. But I guess something has changed in your configuration? You might need to remove the jukebox and recreate it with jbconfig if you have updated the physical changer.

How can you tell that the media database is empty? What caused it to be emtied? What happens when you run the inventory?

I suggest to reset the jukebox first (nsrjb -HEv). But i may think about a situation if the media db is corrupt, NW will not add any information. But you do not want us to tell that the file index for the save set has been added and the media index does not contain the save set info, correct?

Also, be careful, there are some new procedures with NW 7.3.2 in this area. Please read the following doc:
ftp://ftp.legato.com/pub/NetWorker/German/tdocs/tin_06_2007.pdf

Hi,

Yes we change the configuration recently.
And we saw a problem in scsi mapping of the Library.
After doing re-mapping . Inquire command give the hand.
After reconfig the jukebox. Inventory work fine but now i have drive error like :
DRIVE STATUS NEED INIT
DRIVE STATUS RESERVE CONFLICT.

perhaps something wrong in scsi mapping ?
Thanks for the reply :)

The word RESERVE points to a device RESERVE/RELEASE problem. This is not easy to explain and to figure out. You will find more information in the Release Notes and the Admin Guide.

Thank 605,
in this library stack there is a wrong scsi configuration.
Note that we have lot of other problems...

Inquire hang the sytem because FiberChannel firmware was not uptodate and AIX to.

After updating AIX 5.2 to TL09 and fiber Channel with the latest firmware, it's works fine.

inquire give the hand and now we saw serial number so drive identification is less difficult.

Best regards ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back