Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid User ID or Password Error when installing Interface on RES 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepuM

Technical User
Jul 19, 2017
KW
Hi

I am trying to upgrade 4.9 RES to 5.5 , the database upgraded and runs without any error.

When trying to install an interface setup which is already working in RES 4.9 into RES 5.5 , attached error pops up.

I assume the user ID /password encrypted in the interface development not matching with the database user id/password.

Additionally , the interface continues to install and is working fine , but not sure if this causes any issues in future.

Anyone face these kind of issues , please help how to get the user id/password to match with DB.

Is there any issues in future since all operations works fine even though this error occurs initially on installation.

Thanks
Deepu

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2f1bc608-2800-4418-a572-d1105627b7a8&file=SBKRES55_2017-07-19_1.png
It's possible it was using the DBSecurity functions. If that's the case you'll need to get an updated version of the software as the functions have changed and so has the challenge response routine. Did you ever have to enter a user ID or password when installing for the DB? If not it was probably using those functions.

Hi Moregelen

Thanks for this. Since this is installed and working fine , I assume this will not create any future problems.

I am not entering any DB passwords when installing. Is the DBSecurity functions causing any problems if not upgraded.

Thanks
Deepu

If it's installed and working I wouldn't worry about it. The DBSecurity dll is what programs use to connect to the database without needing to be given login credentials. If the software is working even though it got that error message I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for your time. Have noticed that the auto sequence not extracting the data . Is the sales information not writing into database. I am not sure . Also notices the 4.9 sybase version is 9 and 5.5 has sybase 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back