Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid User Credentials w/XP SP2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

msleeper

MIS
Jan 29, 2003
US
Anyone? Anyone?

When I try to push the Netbackup 5.1 client from a central domain server to a WindowsXP system with SP2 I get "Invalid User Credentials".

I have built many XP systems from scratch, put on SP1 and pushed the client successfully. But when I put on SP2 I get the error. I have even disabled the XP firewall...no help.

I put in a call to Veritas tech support, but they were no help. It sounds like a policy issue but I have no idea where to look.

Anyone else have this problem?

Carpe Queso (Seize the Cheese),
Mark Sleeper

Altho I can't give you a clear-cut answer, I might be able point you in the right direction.
Take a look at this doc from Microsoft:

Click on the RPC Interface Restriction link. Whether the NBU client uses RPC calls to this extent, I'm not sure, but it might shed some light on your situation.

Hope it helps.

This following has fixed it for me remote NBU 5.1 install to Win XP SP2 client. Prior to making the following changes on the remote client, "invalid user credentials" returned.

Remember to reboot after the security changes:

1. Modifying the DCOM settings:

a. Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy.

b. Local Policies > Security Options

c. DCOM:Machine Access Restrictions in Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) syntax.

d. click "Edit Security" button

e. ANONYMOUS LOGON : check Remote Access.

f. Reboot the client.

2. Remember to disable Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back