Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid received digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDproductions

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
I have a BCM 4400 4.0, and i am having a problem with 10 DIDs. i have a range of 100 DID, 3300 to 3399. As i have gone though and added each recieved number to a target line i have run into 10 that will not associate. I get an error saying that it was an ivalid entry. The range is 3350-3359. I have checked all entries and i know that there is not another target line assighned. I have even tried to go throught the phonr to program it, and it will let me enter 33 but no 5. Any ideas on where to look to see if it is associated alredy somewhere else?

Sorry i forgot to mention that my ext's are 3 digits and i am recieving 4 digits.

Check all DNs. You probably have 3350 to 3359 assigned in ISDN, Hunt Groups or even Application DNs.

Once you find them, you will need to renumber them to another range, and then you will be able to assign the received digits into a target line.

I have checked all my DNs. they are all 3 digits, and they go from 201-624, and my HGs are 625-654. The reason it doesn't make sence is that my DNs are 3 digit and i am recieving 4 digits from my telco.

DN length vs rec'd digit length doesn't matter.

You need to now check all your target lines to see if the digits are entered in there somewhere and forgotten. Those digits are in there somewhere.

ok, solved my problem. I had target line 335 assighned 335 instead of 3335. I do think it is weird though that even though you told the BCM to receive 4 digits, it still let me put in 3, and when i had the VM auto answer line 335, it answered for all did's with 335* so, 3350-3359.

Thanks for your help.

Remember when you set "received digits" in public or private field it is a max. digits so you can program numbers up to the max digits you specified.

Also Rec digits can match DN's with no problems. It just can not match any number that you are trying to use to dial out. I think the Rec length is an UP TO number so it should let you put in 3 or 4 didgts as the length.

Thanks fellas, I did not know it was an "up to" digit. I learned something new today. I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back