Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Precision Value For Dates in Update Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrbade

Technical User
Nov 4, 2008
US
I am using MS Access 2007 to load financial & manufacturing data into Sage PFW database that uses Pervasive 9.11.063. It was working fine until late last year when every update or append query failed with the Invalid Precision Value error. Remove the date, and query runs fine. The server has a copy of Access 2003 which also now has the same problem.

I am now at the point where I am ready to load payables and receivables that must have date information loaded and I need to resolve this problem. This seems to be the same problem as thread318-1453933 for which there was no particular resolution.

Can anyone help please?

A few questions:
- What happened late last year that changed to cause this behavior?
- Is there anything in the PVSW.LOG?
- Can you run the update query though the PCC and does it return the same value?
- Are the tables linked in Access or are you using SQL Pass Through Queries?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thanks for your assistance.

What happened: For some reason our IT Guy reinstalled Pervasive on our PFW server on 12/17/07. After that I could not run update queries that had any date variable in the query.

Transaction log: Nothing unusual showing except the server reinstall.

The update queries run fine through PCC. I used PCC to create a new test table in the same database. Update query runs fine through PCC but fails through Access.

Access tables are linked. I am not using pass-through although when we correct the query generated by access and run it as a pass-through query it works fine.

The pervasive client ODBC driver version is 9.11.063 matching the client and server side of pervasive.

I am still trying to find an answer to this problem. I noticed that around the same time the problem occurred, MS-Office SP1 was installed (12/19/07). Might MS be the culprit here?? Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back