Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Password for new voicemail box. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealKMK

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2009
US
Just installed a new T7316e on my Nortel CICS 6.1 with Call Pilot attached. Created a new voicemail box for DN38. First time opening voicemail prompted to change password from default. Entered 38XXXX and Confirmed. Message "Password OK". Closed mailbox, attempted to re-enter with new password and get the message Password Invalid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rest the password back to default and try another password.

Make sure under mailbox programming that EXT: DN = the phone you are trying to access with.

F * 0 then press Intercom to check you phones DN.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Did all that you suggested and it all looked good to me. Then I figured it out. When I set up the new password I started it with 38, since that is the DN that I was working on. I found out that if I put in a 4 digit password starting with any number except 38 the password was OK and then when I logged in the second time I prefaced the 4 digit password with 38 (the DN) it worked fine. actually the 38 I entered the first time was part of the password and had I tried logging in with 3838XXXX it would have worked fine. My bad. Thanks for helping me out with this. I didn't know how to verify the DN, now I do. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back